Tuesday 17 May 2016

COSTA VERDE DEFENCE FORCE - 4 x 4 Transport (Part Two)

A bit more progress on the three Poundland die-cast toys. After the undercoat I gave them a dry brush with Howard Hues 1715 Italian Grey and then painted and highlighted all the lights on the model. I have painted the tyres and glued them to their bases. Just got some detailing to do and the bases need finishing off and they will be pretty much ready. I might task these to the Costa Verde Marine Corps (CVMC) as they fit nicely in my recent hovercraft purchase with some troops. More on that later. For now just some WIP pictures.





Thanks for looking :-)

4 comments:

  1. Great conversion. What were they originally, SWAT vehicles? I keep looking in pound shops for these, but they are cleaned out locally.

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. They were originally Matchbox MBX Heroic Rescue 4x4 Scrambulance. Only ever seen them in Poundland and only in small quantities. Need to start visiting the Poundlands a bit further a field as I only seem to get 3 or 4 before they disappear.
      Cheers
      Richard P

      Delete
  2. Cheers Richard. I'm getting strange looks rummaging through the toy cars in various pound shops, Asda, Tescos and Morrisons. Worth it when I find something useful though.

    Cheers Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know especially when people clock you getting a 20mm figure out to compare the size.

      Delete